I've recently been trying to set up tsung on my Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro running Leopard 10.5.2.
I tried the generic ./configure, but precept failed because I was missing libgd and ODBC. So, I downloaded libgd, and tried ./configure, but it was missing libjpeg. Of course, it hasn't been updated since 1998, which is of course will not ./configure on my super-sweet macbook pro.
Luckily, I found steps to get libjpeg to compile. They worked like a charm. Once I built libjpeg, libgd built just fine. Of course, this only took care of half my erlang problem. ODBC still didn't work. I found an email thread explaining steps to try and resolve the problem, but when I did:
./configure --enable-darwin-64bit --with-gd=/usr/local
My install did have the lib/orber/c_src/i386-apple-darwin9.1.0 directory. It had a lib/orber/c_src/i386-apple-darwin9.2.0 directory instead. At this point I just gave up and used R12B-0 instead since I found some working directions to build it. I had to modify the configure parameters slightly since I manually installed libgd: